A little rain inside me, a little pain inside me. A little dose of mellowness to compromise the life, in a precise amount.

-Self-Quote-

Sunday, February 21, 2010

Coffee, Tea, and Good Bye




太浓了吧否则怎会苦的说不出话
Is it too thick? Otherwise, how could it be that bitter that even you're speechless?
每次都一个人在自问自答
Everytime, it's like very silent,that one's only thinking to himself
我们的爱到底还在吗
Our love, is it still there after all?

One crowded coffee shop. One lousy table. One hot afternoon.
Two chairs. Two cup of coffee. Two people, sitting across to each other. 
So close, yet there's no gap more distant than the current situation. 
So silent, that even you could hear your own heart-beat. 
And for so-and-so much times, we had exchanged gaze to just turn it to somewhere else.
For at each time we looked at each other, perhaps we still couldn't find the answer: our love, was it still there after all?


已经淡了吧多放些糖也很难有变化
Has it become too insipid, that even when you add more sugar, it'd still be indifferent?
不如喝    这杯就各自回家
Isn't it better that we finish this cup, then go home in our own?
别坐在对面欣赏我的挣扎
Don't just sit across me to enjoy my struggle

You know, for me, there's no such thing as a failed-coffee. No matter how thick you made it, how bitter it'd be, there'd be a second chance. You could add more hot water, more sugar, and so on. You could pour some milk. When it's cold, then you could just re-heat it. 

But it is not the same case in a romantic relationship. There's no manual. When the feeling is gone, it's gone. When it's not working, it's not working. 

So I guessed, that's what we realised from behind our own coffee cup. We saw the truth in each other's eyes, and to some extent, it's so painful that we needed to turn the gaze into somewhere else. I knew we're being escapist; but really, was there anything we could do?

He lifted his cup again. I looked at my watch. The break was almost over. 
Someone somehow had to make a decision.


一场失败的爱情像个笑话
One failed romantic relationship, it's like a joke
热得时候心乱如麻
that when it's hot, one could be terribly restless
冷了以后看见自己够傻
and when it's cold, he'd find himself being stupid enough
人怎么会如此容易无法自拔
Why people are just helpless to obsession?

I smiled upon noticing how he enjoyed his coffee. Then I recalled all the sweet-nothings, all the messages and phone calls we had made. It was so intense that at some point, I got addicted. A day without it all, was a day when I was being restless. And his words were just like the drugs, where upon taking it, one could just forget the reality and get trapped inside a fantasy land where there's no pain and sadness...

But now? As I drank my coffee to almost the last sip, I wondered if what I felt, and perhaps what he felt, was really love. After all, you couldn't fall for someone that fast. It wouldn't make sense. And perhaps, there's a part of me that believed, what comes fast would end that fast. 
So I gazed at him again. In the name of the past, and all the effort he had paid for me, I at least owed him that there's no use to label what we used to have.


一场无味的爱情像个谎话
One tasteless romantic relationship is like a lie
甜的时候只相信它
that when it's sweet, you could only believe him
苦了以后每一句都可怕
and after it's gone bitter, every words (he said) is just scary
人怎么会如此难以了无牵挂
Why is it this difficult to have no concern?


So we drank the very last drop of our coffee. We shaked hands, for the friendship in the moment and the future. We said goodbye. 



*Songs: Ka Fei (coffee) by Jacky Cheung.

4 punches:

Arya said...

hugs ...

Alil said...

ilfil kenapa sih Reis..?
pengen tau euy...

Reis's said...

@Alil: haha.. soal apa ya? ada YM ga?

1 said...

wahhh bingung mo komeng apahhh


Berkunjung dan ditunggu kunjungan baliknya
salam blogger
:D