A little rain inside me, a little pain inside me. A little dose of mellowness to compromise the life, in a precise amount.

-Self-Quote-

Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Partners: New Sitcom Preview

Anyone here remember the sitcom Will and Grace? The sitcom is about a gay man, Will, being best friend with a straight girl, Grace, and of course their love life..er.. mostly their being desperate that they still couldn't find that one person to spend the life with. Eventually they did, and we had a good eight seasons -and several emmys I think - watching them being funny and of course, loving.

The character Will was based on the creator himself, Max Mutchnick, who's also gay, and who's creating the show together with his best friend, David Kohan. Grace herself was based on another best friend, Janet. And now, they're back again with this sitcom, this time they're using their own story and wrote a new sitcom titled Partners.

Louis, played by Michael Urie of Ugly Betty, was a gay architect and formed a partnership with another architect fellow, Joe, starred by David Krumholtz. The two were best friends since childhood, and this could be reflected back to the two creators themselves. Louis was the gay one, like Max Mutchnick (and Michael Urie) and he had a boyfriend named Wyatt, handsomely played by none other than Brandon Routh (He was Superman once before Henry Cavill, and the movie was so bad it got mocked recently in TED movie from Seth Macfarlene). Joe was the straight one, and his girlfriend, Ali,  was played by Sophia Bush of One Tree Hill.

The pilot was a bit stereotypical, Louis was the typical gay, and Joe was the understanding one. It was funny every now and then, but other than the fact that the guys were best friends since childhood, nothing had amused me more. Seeing the couple dynamics but still able to making some space for each of their lovers, I think this is new. I mean, some of my friends complained that their friends were not spending much time with them again once they had a boyfriend/girlfriend. The situation even got raised a bit in TED movie, when Mila Kunis had Mark Warlbherg chose between her or the teddy bear. Apart from that, no other conflict foreseen in the movie, IMHO, but because this was only the pilot we're talking about, I think I would stick around for more episodes too come.

Meanwhile, enjoy  the snapshot of cuteness down below.

Joe 
How do you deal with Louis? I mean, doesn't he drive you crazy?

Wyatt
Well, that's easy. No one in the world loves like Louis.
I mean, I question a lot of his decisions, but one thing I never question is his heart.
And if you keep that in mind, you can forgive all the other stuff.

*

Louis
Ali, listen to me.
You've got to marry him  because I need to know if I'm not gonna be around to take care of him, at least you will.

0 punches: