A little rain inside me, a little pain inside me. A little dose of mellowness to compromise the life, in a precise amount.

-Self-Quote-

Sunday, October 18, 2009

Well, here I come.




One thing I like about weekend is..

.. that I dont have to wake up early in the morning. I get to sleep till noon, then wake up tired because I sleep too much, and start to think what I'm going to do for the rest of the day. And voila, the weekend ends in the blink of an eye, and Monday comes again.

Anywho, I've been spending this weekend watching one season and a half of Samantha Who. I've got to say that despite the hillarious laugh I have, the most interesting part is, I get a lot of new thing to learn. Wait, do I start to be geeky again?

For some of you, Samantha Who might not be a new comedy to pick up. But for those who aren't a series-freak, let me brief you: Samantha Newly was a bitch who got massive injury in the head by a car-accident then woke up 8 days later having a retrograde amnesia. It's cheesy, huh? LOL. By saying bitch, I do mean that she's a bitch: She was so self-absorbed that made any shell-fish jealous, she was the biatch who slept with too many married-men and simultaneously cheated on his boy-friend, sabotaged her bff's relationship, and got a restraining order from one of his ex. But she had the chance to be the new her: so, she's making her redemption. She ultimately realised that she couldnt change people around her - she could only change herself.

There's this one remarkable episode in season 2 - or season 1? Never mind - where she got this perfect James McAvoy-like boyfriend. This guy was an environmentalist and rich and handsome and nice and gentle. He cared the whole world, he baby-sat a baby-lamb, he was a vegetarian, he had an electric car, and.. he refused to buy a building because Sam asked him not to. Okay, the last part is like very lebai - but please dont judge me being lebai just because you're so cynical of a romantic relationship nor your teeth hurt all in sudden. I mean it *melirik*.

Anywho, Sam felt like a sinner when she's around him. So she tried to imitate his lifestyle, even though she didn't like it. She started to live a green-life, coping with his boyfriend. Then finally, the day came: when she had to come to a park he's trying to build for kids, where she had to watch people throwing manure. Immediately after pretending sick, she came clean. And guess what? I thought the guy would yell at her, or would look at her in a whole-shallowy way, and that everything would never be the same, and that this was it.

But..

The guy said that it was okay for Samantha to live the life she wanted. That he, amazingly, didn't expect Samantha to be something she was not. That he amazingly understood that Samantha was Samantha, and he took her no less than that. Because they both knew that if anything went wrong, Samantha would resent him. And I was like, WAOW. I mean, how many guys out there are like that? How many aj's are actually behaving and wise like that?

I think that we're too desperately trying to change a guy to be the guy. I think that we're trying too desperately to change ourselves for someone we love. Change is good, I know, but aren't we supposed to accept and to love them as who they are, no matter what? For instance, you don't get married because your parents want you to get married. What happened to 'be yourself'? Is it so impossible because ultimately and eventually, being gay is all about the image - the muscles, the nice abs, the beautiful body and face? Is it too numbing that we try to be our true self? Is it too painful to accept the truth that we dont like ourselves? Anywho, I dont wanna judge - anymore.

In the end, Samantha broke up with the guy. But not because she couldn't live up to his standards. More because she was not happy with the guy. The guy might be perfect in a paper, but it doesn't guarantee you happiness. Sam's mother told her, 'If I heard someone mentioning your father, I would think that they're mentioning a fat dog. But I'm happy with your father.' This line then brought me back to certain someone who told me that he's not confident enough with his face - that he looked like a babu or something like that. And that his skin tone is too dark. I mean, besides the fact that there're guys who're lining up for him, I really wish he was only bitching up. hahaha..

Anywho, to conclude the post, I think you should all watch the latest Grey's Anatomy eps. Season six, eps 5, Invasion. It has something to do about aj relationship. Enjoy your day, folks!

1 punches:

Zhou Yu said...

Ah, Samantha Who... It's about fresh start.... Kadang kepingin juga punya second chance kaya Sam......

I think I agree with that, to love someone is not to be similar with the one, but to feel comfort....