A little rain inside me, a little pain inside me. A little dose of mellowness to compromise the life, in a precise amount.

-Self-Quote-

Saturday, March 6, 2010

Why don't you like me without making me try?


I wanna talk to you.
(The last time we talked Mr. Smith
you reduced me to tears.
I promise you that wont happen again)

Do I attract you?
Do I repulse you with my queasy smile?
Am I too dirty?
Am I too flirty?
Do I like what you like?
I could be wholesome
I could be loathsome
guess I'm a little bit shy
Why don't you like me?
Why don't you like me without making me try?

I try to be like Grace Kelly
mmm mmm
But all her looks were too sad
ahh ahh
So I tried a little Freddie
MMM MMM
I've gone identity mad!

I could be brown
I could be blue
I could be violet sky
I could be hurtful
I could be purple
I could be anything you like
Gotta be green
Gotta be mean
Gotta be everything more

Why don't you like me?
Why don't you like me?
Why don't you walk out the door!

(getting angry doesn't solve anything)

How can I help it
How can I help it
How can I help what you think?
Hello my baby
Hello my baby
Putting my life on the brink

Why dont you like me
Why dont you like me
Why dont you like yourself?

Should I bend over?
Should I look older
just to be put on your shelf?
 
Say what you want to satisfy yourself
hey!
But you only want what everybody else says you should want,
you want

(Humphrey we're leaving)

KACHINGA!!

|Mika - Grace Kelly, from the album Life in Cartoon Motion



Perhaps this song wasn't really new to you. But I am currently going crazy for this song, and when I am crazy about something, I have this urge to write about it, so pardon me - either for being too late to know everything, or for being obsessed. LOL.

Anyway, firstly, I thought that this song was about a boy, or an AJ, who's trying too hard to be liked, that he started to second-guess himself, feel insecure, and in the end- try to be someone he's not. But then he felt angry that he desperately tried to prove that he was actually a lot more than people had thought about him.Perhaps, up to this point, you'd start thinking that the song - and me who's so obsessed about it - was really really anak-baru-gede-banget; plus the very basic fact that I am still considered mentally as a brondong..

Brondong-song and brondong-fan.. what a perfect combination, right? Perhaps you'd start to think that I liked this song because it's like that the song perfectly matches my condition right now.. but you're wrong. Other than the catchy rhythm, the bitchy singer, the perfect falsetto,what I really like about this song was not because all those things above; but more to the process itself. In the end, the singer learnt when the exact time was to let go of his effort and to move on. It's not the same as giving up on someone or something, but to me, it's more like being pragmatic, pratical, and efficient. Because who knows, that we can be better off.

And it was the truth with Mika, the singer.
Let's take a look about the history of the song: according to Mighty Google, it was designed to be a mocking satire of musicians who try to reinvent themselves to be popular, while Mika, the singer himself, claimed that the song was inspired after a bad experience with a record company executive, in which he was told to be more like Craig David. Well, eventually, we all know that Mika gains popularity by being himself. This song itself even reached #1 as its peak position in a few countries, and he did it without imitating anybody, not Grace Kelly, Robbie Williams, George Michael, Elton, and even Freddie Mercury - yes, the Freddy referred in the song - though Mika is said to have a voice almost similar to Freddie.

True, it's sad when people don't even like you without making you try, but when he even doesnt wanna take a chance on us, why bother? He doesnt know what he misses, right, but he doesn't even bother to try to know. So the only thing left to do for us is to walk away. Save ourselves from a failed-attempt; after all, the sea is salty enough, you don't have to throw tons of salt anymore into it.

Quoting Ryan Atwood from the OC, if you're trying to hard, then it's not working. Even if you try, you'll only end up miserable, isn't it? True, you have to fight for someone you love, something you like, because it's never easy, but you also have to know when is the time to let go. Life is also about compromising, and one of the compromising we have to do constantly is the one we do with our heart and our dream.

So now, I am letting go what's not supposed to be mine.
And I am happy that my teeth are actually hurt. LOL. 

0 punches: