A little rain inside me, a little pain inside me. A little dose of mellowness to compromise the life, in a precise amount.

-Self-Quote-

Thursday, March 11, 2010

Loves You Lately

Inspired by Daniel Powter's song: Loves You Lately.
Best read along with the song. You can download it here.



Two bags. Two minutes of separation. Two excessive words that he didn't say.

So there he was. Sitting in the corner, head down, and thinking about something else. Somewhere else. And perhaps, someone else?
Here I was. Looking at him, feeling the pain inside my chest, and trying so hard to hide my tears.

I still couldn't believe that all the time we've spent together, all the two years we've been living together, could only be summarized into two bags and two minutes of separation. He's not much a buyer, but at least, I expect he'd take more things from this house, which could act as a remembrance when he's away. But, as I gazed around, everything seems to still be around. Everything is still the same, but somehow, they are now more redundant than I could remember. They're all so excessive, because this house is still going to be empty without him around......

Suddenly he turned his head up, and our looks met.
I could recognize his smiling lips, but as I looked deeper into his eyes, I couldn't remember when the last time was that we laughed out so loud that we burst into tears. And I couldn't all the past that we've been going through. Was he happy, at all? Did we really get the great thing? Was it really just the two of us?

Two years of bitter-sweet days. Two shattered-dreams. Two broken-hearts.

He stood up, and said that it looked like the taxi was already outside the door. He lifted up his bags, and walked. It's like he's moving out of time, and my world just stopped.

And the next thing I knew, I hugged him. So tight.
Flashing through all the mistakes I've made, all the tenderness that survived through all our fights, and the butterflies we've had in our stomach.

Then I let him go, as I hoped that he'd find whatever he'd been looking for, along with the three words I didn't bear to say. Loving you lately...







0 punches: