A little rain inside me, a little pain inside me. A little dose of mellowness to compromise the life, in a precise amount.

-Self-Quote-

Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Things That Matter



Although it happened quite a while ago, I must admit that there's this thing that still disturbs me. So I sit down, trying to figure out what it is that I'm looking for in my life.

I am 24. And at this age, some extra-ordinary guys (or girls) have already set up a solid business. Talk about those young entrepreneurs; some may have supports from their parents, but there are not a few that actually starts from the scratch. I myself have to admit, I don't have the bone for that. I don't have the guts, yet, to start anything from the scratch. Hey, the same usual brondong, remember?

So, I turn to those young execs. I have met quite a few. They're not only rich and successful that early, but they're also gorgeous. And despite their tight schedule, they seem to enjoy every seconds of their life. They're happy, they're gorgeous, but there's something different between these young execs and the young entrepreneurs, at least in my point of view: I just desperately want to be them. Silly? You bet.

But, here's my narrow thought: Ever met a guy who you're sure could land on any guys he wants? Ever met a guy who you think owns the world? Ever met a guy who has had everything that at some extent, he just doesn't know what else he should achieve? Yeah, I have. And I am not drowning myself in envy; and it's not that I don't enjoy being myself. I love myself, more than I have ever loved anyone. I just want to be like them..... in the sense that they're like my role-model.

This is not new, I bet, as some of you might have a few role-models. Say someone like Kiyosaki, Gates, or anyone else. You could read it in a blog somewhere. But it's not important. I admit that you have to set your standard as high as possible, and that when the experts have written a book about being rich in young and so on, you have to at least take a peek. In my point of view, well, why try to look someone so far away, someone you could only read the success-story in a book, when you can actually look at someone around you, who's better than you, in anything?

My uncle once told me, it's true that you'd have to set a high standard, but before going there, you'll have to look carefully yourselves: do I have the capability? So I start small. And if by starting small, taking baby steps, is considering as being negative, then I really don't have anything to say but WATCH OUT! I may drown you in negativity so deep that you can never rise again. Kidding. Really.

Everyone has a dream. Perhaps the dream could be summarized into three things: Career, Love, and eventually: happiness. Perhaps that everyone has their way to go to those things. But currently, I have a lot homework to do: my career is so-so and my love-life is screwed up. So, minus two for beginning. Yet surprisingly, I am happy right now. Minus two with a plus one.

I dont know, but suddenly, I don't feel that bad.



2 punches:

Zhou Yu said...

Well, just don't dream too much. Since dreaming too much might cause falling from the highest top.....

You are what you are, and unique in your own way

Reis's said...

Haha.. And one more reason to be happy: having friends like you all guys who're so concerned about me! Thank you! HUGS