A little rain inside me, a little pain inside me. A little dose of mellowness to compromise the life, in a precise amount.

-Self-Quote-

Monday, September 21, 2009

Date High




Honestly, and seriously, I have never done drugs before. And I dont plan on doing that in any near nor far future. So, I dont really get to say nor comment nor judge anything about getting high. But, I do know things about serotonin and dopamine. Relax, I wont depict anything scientific here - my point is that I get a picture about being high.

And that's what I feel whenever I begin dating. Whenever I am out to meet my soon-to-be date, or whenever I see him naked for the first time. The first kiss. The first touch. First sex. Anything that comes at the first time. It gives me anxiety and basically makes me forget where my feet are. It's like when you're getting drunk. You forget everything else - your life, your lousy love, your problems, anything.

I am not saying that I am being another escape artist who fears the commitment. But really, first dates, first kisses, all that come first, really give me this much fun. I dont have to worry anything else. I dont have to get jealous. I dont have to be insecure about myself. I dont have to be any other person but myself. And probably that's why I enjoy more any open relationship.

By saying open, I am not referring to you-can-see-other-people-because-I-do-see-other person-too. My selfish version of 'open' is that hey-lets-get-intimate-but-please-dont-say-you-want-a-relationship-with-me-nor-you-love-me. At my previous posting, I'd refer it as 'reserved', instead of 'in-a-relationship'. But those skeptical and cynical people - well, I think they would simply say 'engaged-with-a-fucking-buddy' - that is, someone you regularly sleep with, without string attached. A mutual relationship based on sex.

I am not proud of what I am writing here. But I do think that we - male species of Homo sapiens, are created with the need of challenge and adventure. We need the adrenaline. Moreover, unlike the female species, we're not created with the ability to endure pain and anxiety. We might have the 'durability', but we're not good at it. In my opinion, females are created with better emotion management, thus they can handle any baggage that comes with a relationship better. Plus, they have better moral compass.

We? The male? I am not giving excuse to justify our unfaithfulness. Admit it, we're not created to be faithful. But so what? It's not time to be a drama queen. So many people are being single out there, and they're fine. They may look around and wondering how happy any couples are, but believe me, dont ever cross the line just because you're lonely. And who said that couples dont have their own problems?

Truth is, everything around us is messy. Being single is messy sometimes, but it has its perks. Being in a relationship may make you seem completed, yet it comes with problems too. Having a fucking buddy? Is it a win-win solution for being semi-single and semi-taken? LOL. You tell me.

6 punches:

Zhou Yu said...

That is the challenge of man. Man should try to conquer himself, reigning over the needs of challenge (or affair in this case).. Mastering oneself is still the key to this.

lucky said...

For me that's not "date high" but "ONS high"........deg2 an pas denger suara dia di telp. Exciting pas mo datang ke rumah/kos/apartemennya. Harap2-cemas semoga foto di manjam/fs/fb nya dia itu bener2 fotonya dia. Malu-malu mau, menunggu siapa yang mengambil first move.


Pokoknya asyik dehhh (sayang masa-masa itu udah berlalu)

Reis's said...

@Zhou Yu; remind me once again, why we're not dating?

@lucky: For me, it's date high. Hahaha.. rata2 my ONS guys didnt just ONS guys. We actually went out a couple of times.

Zhou Yu said...

Hmmm, I have to admit, i haven't been able to master myself...

Self defense mechanism gw akan jawab, "I haven't found a great guy to date." Igh, maksa yah gw???

I found a great guy to date, and no affair then. But things went in the wrong direction, and here I am.. Single again....

Johan Tampubolon said...

Dari awal mau teriak2 "It's our hunger of adventural sensation that drives us jaunty on the first encounter!". Tapi, batal karena keburu liat kalo di akhir posting nyinggung itu juga.



Well, we're all -most- creatures driven by primal needs. And, hell, don't blame the 7 sins of being sins, they're actually lists of motives: they're the thingies that have been driving us anywhere on this planet.
Lust, is one of them. But, not the only one strong.
There's pride and wrath: which keep your approaching skill high after being dumped. -or, simply in a condition of attention lacking-.

Then, there came the Greed, and Envy: the ones making you wanting what hath been a posession of others.

Then Sloth and Gluttony: The duo who drown you in reverie. They keep you dreaming, demanding, but suck your fighting energy. Therefore, you became a pathetic queer.


Yes, when you can't beat 'em, join 'em. Know and befriend them, then plan to tame them hunger.

Reis's said...

@zhou yu: did you read the comment below you? There I found this line: pathetic queer. I am queer and I am pathetic. Why suddenly it fells that something's wrong?? Somebody help me.

@Johan: Hi there. Are u sure u're 17? hahaha.. Welcome here anyhow. I agree most with ur last sentences. Yes, embrace all the sins. hahaha..Wait, does that make me a sinner too?